Seeing even a single mouse in your house means that there is a possibility of having various ones living or hiding in your basement, walls, or literally anywhere. This is usually because mouse are usually active during night time when there are less chances of you seeing them.
In order to get rid of them, you can either go for the DIY steps or seek professional pest control help. However, it is highly suggested to call over a professional who would guide you better and take steps in getting rid of the rodents.
When you seek rodent removal Adelaide, there are a few things which they ask you to do prior to performing the services, which are as follows;
- All of the food items that are not packed or stored in jars or air tight dishes should be properly sealed and kept in fridge or heavy plastic containers when the service is ongoing till at least the two weeks after the service has been performed. These items may consist of chips, nuts, grain based items, bread, cereals and pet foods etc.
- Go for repair and maintenance of any holes in the base boards, halls, doors and walls that don’t seal properly as these are usually the places where the mice enter from or hide into at. Mice can literally enter from small places as tiny as 1/4th inches and rats through small holes like ½ inches.
- All the items that are kept on the top of the fridge and underneath the kitchen or bathroom sink should be removed in order to have accessibility to these areas for the professionals.
- Once the professional technician is there, discuss the entire situation that you are facing with her or him and make note of the areas where you have seen the mouse or signs where the mice have gone to.
- Let the professionals do their job; they may place many mouse traps and different types of baits in a lot of places, make sure you aren’t disturbing or touching them during or after the service has taken place.
- Once the service has been conducted, make sure you are regularly maintaining your house by proper cleaning, vacuuming and sweeping. Take out the garbage on daily basis and do not store any lids, trash or any sort of garbage. Try to keep all areas of the house as neat as possible.
- Remove all the unnecessary items, papers, boxes and clothing as rodents tend to take their shelter there.
- For prevention from mice and rodent in the future, follow the above guidelines strictly and maintain regular cleanliness of hour house.